Effective Investigative Interviewing
Whether you need to conduct interviews in an in-house workplace investigation, or an important conversation with an employee, knowing how to elicit the most reliable information through investigative interviewing, and how to record the information gathered, is crucial.
PART A – Recording Information during Interviews
- Typed, handwritten or audio recording?
- How to take good notes
- Issues that arise during interviews
- Practical exercises in effective note-taking
- Record keeping, retention and regulation
PART B – Investigative Interview Techniques
- Why investigative interviewing is so important
- Barriers to communication
- Memory and how it works
- What is a conversation?
- What is telling?
- What is listening?
- Types of witnesses
- Interview planning
- Interview conduct – process and appropriate questioning techniques
- Dealing with poor behaviour
The course is designed for:
- HR professionals
- Compliance officers
Half day or Part A and Part B offered as separate modules of 1 ½ hours each.
Course held in-house at your organisation, delivered for up to 20 people –
1 ½ hours – $1,600 +GST per module (Part A and/or Part B)
Half day – $2,800 +GST (Part A and Part B together in one session)
Book Your In-House Training Course
To book this in-house training course or discuss your training needs, please simply contact us now!